Saturday, March 21, 2015

First Review! Ripper by Isabel Allende


Ripper by Isabel Allende (2014)

While her mom looks for the good in people, Amanda is fascinated by the dark side of human nature, like her father, the SFPD's Deputy Chief of Homicide. Brilliant and introverted, the MIT-bound high school senior is a natural-born sleuth addicted to crime novels and Ripper, the online mystery game she plays with her beloved grandfather and friends around the world.

When a string of strange murders occurs across the city, Amanda plunges into her own investigation, discovering, before the police do, that the deaths may be connected. But the case becomes all too personal when Indiana suddenly vanishes. Could her mother's disappearance be linked to the serial killer? Now, with her mother's life on the line, the young detective must solve the most complex mystery she's ever faced before it's too late.



Ripper is the first mystery-police book written by Isabel Allende, in a try to write something more than her awesome love and romantic stories.

I'm not a 100% sure how i feel about this book. First things first, I really like the plot of this book, because is something new of all that I have seen of Allende. The mystery of this book really keeps you hanging on the story, and makes you want to not stop reading; but, the plot twist at the end, made me want to shoot myself in the head. 

I'm not saying that the book is bad, at all -because I really enjoyed reading it- but the plot twist that Allende put in this book, just made me mad. Trying not to spoil anyone who hasn't read the book, just go and read it yourself to see what I'm talking about.

It felt 10 time worse than when you see the waiter in a restaurant bringing food that you think it's yours, but he just walks far away with that food that you are excited to eat.

I have nothing to say about the cover of the book, because it's really simple and sometimes that simplicity is good.

That being said, I really liked this book and I would totally read it again, and I'm excited to see if Isabel Allende -who is also chilean and I love that- write more books in this genre.

Rate: ★ ★ ★ ★

No comments:

Post a Comment