Sunday, May 24, 2015

Book Review: Looking For Alaska by John Green


Looking For Alaska by John Green (2005)

Before. Miles "Pudge" Halter's whole existence has been one big nonevent, and his obsession with famous last words has only made him crave the "Great Perhaps" (François Rabelais, poet) even more. He heads off to the sometimes crazy, possibly unstable, and anything-but-boring world of Culver Creek Boarding School, and his life becomes the opposite of safe. Because down the hall is Alaska Young. The gorgeous, clever, funny, sexy, self-destructive, screwed-up, and utterly fascinating Alaska Young, who is an event unto herself. She pulls Pudge into her world, launches him into the Great Perhaps, and steals his heart.

After. Nothing is ever the same.


Looking for Alaska is a YA novel written by John Green and was first published in January 2005. This is the first published book by John Green, followed by An Abundance of Katherines and his other works.

I read this book last year, and recently re-read it, because, by this far, you may know that i love his work.

Mr. Green hit me again, in my heart, and a little bit in my pancreas with an explosive plot twist.

I really enjoyed this book, because I think it's a great plot, it's a great reading and a great writing. When I started this book I couldn't put it down, that leading me to finish it by 3 A.M.

By the time I get to the After part, I was so excited to know what was going to happen, until it hit me.

I started panicking, got into 3 minutes of pure shock, then a minute of acceptance and then keep reading it again. Because that's my reaction over a shocking moment.

Even though this book is a pretty good one, I have some mixed feelings about it.


I hope you enjoyed my random thoughts and feelings. If you want to you can follow me on my social media to talk me whenever you want to. Also put your email on the little box on the right side of the screen, so you can get the posts at the time they're uploaded! BYE!




No comments:

Post a Comment